Solar wafer edge damage inspection
Wafers suffer from minor damage that can also affect their neighbors. An Inspector is a stand-alone vision sensor requiring no external processing to quickly signal a wafer edge defect or broken pieces on the belt.
Damaged wafers must be detected to avoid waste and consequential damages to additional material. To allow automated handling of the wafers such as robot picking, the wafer’s position also has to be accurately determined. In both cases, a vision-based solution that can report damages and position data in a format that can be adapted to various control systems is preferred.
The Inspector is a powerful yet easy to use vision sensor that doesn’t require any programming to set up. The Inspector contains image processing tools for solar wafers and for calibrated positioning of objects in metric units. A very flexible connectivity concept ensures that data can be reported to a wide range of control systems. All this ensures a quick and easy installation.
Following product families can be usedProduct family InspectorAn intelligent vision solution in an easy-to-use sensor package
- High-speed positioning, inspection and measuring
- Powerful “object locator” tool, independent of position, rotation and scale
- Unique, interchangeable housing design supporting dome and various optical accessories
- Simple step-by-step configuration in PC including emulator
- Easy-to-use operator interfaces
- Flexible machine and HMI design interfaces