- Object detection and sensor monitoring
- Verification that the object is present and the sensor has not experienced a malfunction
- The space-saving miniature housing allows the sensor to be integrated in the tightest machine environments
- Precise background suppression ensures that all types of objects are reliably detected regardless of their surface and properties
- Operating range from 3 to 150 mm
- A range of variants with and without settings, line-shaped light spot, and window function (30 mm ... 150 mm) are available
MultiPulseSwitch to autopilot
- Increase in productivity through sensor monitoring. The machine controller monitors the status of the sensor including wire breakage and short-circuits.
- Reduction in costs: object detection and sensor monitoring takes place via a single output
- High operational safety and reliability thanks to SIRIC® chip technology from SICK
- Quick and easy commissioning due to bright and highly visible PinPoint light spots
In addition to the presence signal itself, the MultiPulse sensor also delivers freedom from errors as well as the status of the application. As a result, the control is informed that the sensor has definitely detected the object and that there are no defects such as wire breakage or a sensor malfunction. A second switching point means that sensor manipulation is virtually impossible. This is achieved thanks to a simple resonant circuit that is established by the object, optics, and sensor electronics. The control monitors the resonant circuit, which oscillates at 2 Hz or 10 Hz. The sensor only has one connecting wire.
- Technical data overview
Dimensions (W x H x D) 16 mm x 39.5 mm x 12 mm Sensing range max. 4 mm ... 165 mm 1) Light source PinPoint LED Type of light Visible red light Enclosure rating IP67, IP66 Housing material Plastic Adjustment Potentiometer / none
- 1) Object with 90 % reflectance (referred to standard white, DIN 5033).