- Compact UHF RFID read/write device in accordance with ISO/IEC 18000-63
- Positioning and angle detection by RFID transponders
- Integrated algorithms deduce the direction of entry and movement based on numerous measured values
- Supports data and fieldbus interfaces that are typically used in the industry
RFU65xThe measuring RFID device with integrated passage and direction detection
- UHF RFID transponders demonstrate outstanding reading reliability thanks to correct transponder assignment, including integrated entry detection plus direction output.
- Space-saving, compact device that does not require any additional antennae
- Easy to integrate into industrial fieldbuses with 4Dpro connectivity
- Fulfills the requirements of the IP67 enclosure rating (“outdoor”) and is rugged and durable
- Compatible with other SICK RFID read/write devices, making it highly flexible
- Additional software functions for the device can be programmed in the SICK software environment and integrated into the device
The RFU65x RFID read/write device saves space, time, and costs when it comes to identifying vehicles and vehicle parts. This compact device is able to determine the angle from which the transponder responds. The RFU65x also features an integrated logic unit that processes data on the basis of algorithms. This makes it possible to deduce entry detection information plus a vehicle’s direction of movement when it drives through a receiving goods door, for example. Unlike other devices, the RFU65x does not require any additional external antennae. Not only does this cut down on costs, it also simplifies and accelerates application processes in logistics and the automotive industry.
- Technical data overview
Product category Write/read device with integrated antenna Frequency band UHF (860 MHz ... 960 MHz) Version Long Range Scanning range Typ. 5 m 1) Serial (RS-232, RS-422/-485) ✔ USB ✔ , USB 2.0 Ethernet ✔ CAN bus ✔ PROFIBUS DP ✔ , Optional over external fieldbus module (CDF) EtherCAT® – DeviceNet™ ✔ , optional available externally Weight 5.2 kg
- 1) Depending on transponder used and ambient conditions.
- Radio approval: USA, Canada
- Frequency band: UHF (860 MHz ... 960 MHz)
- Scanning range: Typ. 5 m (Depending on transponder used and ambient conditions.)
- Antenna: Integrated (circular polarized, 80° vertical/55° horizontal aperture angle, front-to-back ratio > 15 dB)