Due to the size, height and speed of haul trucks along with the constantly changing operating conditions, the driver often has poor visibility. Front-end and rear-end collisions as well as departures from the fixed track can occur in a mine. The MINESIC object detection system monitors critical zones around the vehicle and also takes the current driving conditions into consideration. A road departure warning provides guidance to the haul truck operator along the haul road and alerts the operator if the haul truck is about to leave the safe driving path.
Following product families can be usedDriver assistance with active collision warning for commercial vehicles
- Visual and acoustic warning
- Touchscreen display showing the vehicle outline and critical objects
- Variable safety distances and warning fields
- Full functionality across the entire speed range
- Open interface to the fleet management system via the event log
- Self-diagnostics function