Overhead crane gear position
Positioning overhead cranes can be accomplished using a combination of encoders. While precise positioning of the crane’s x- and y-axes can be managed with linear encoders, the z-axis positioning is solved using an absolute multiturn encoder. The AFS/AFM60 encoder is a rugged solution that determines the absolute position of the overhead crane’s gears. The absolute encoder measures infinite lengths by counting rotations and is used in the harshest environmental conditions, which are often present in outdoor areas of steel plants.
Following product families can be used
- High-resolution 30-bit absolute encoder (18-bit singleturn and 12-bit multiturn)
- Face mount flange, servo flange and blind hollow shaft
- Connection type: 3 x M12 axial male connector
- Data tranfer speed " on the fly" in the range of µs
- EtherCAT® interface CoE (CiA DS-301) Device profile (CiA DS-406)
- Round axis functionality
- Alarms, warnings and diagnostics functions for speed, position, temperature, operating time, etc.
- Status display via 5 LEDs