Proactive motor monitoring on a VFFS machine
An important function of the vertical form, fill and seal (VFFS) machine is positioning of the foil for the filling process with the help of servo motors. These are equipped with the sHub® from SICK, a module used in combination with the EDS/EDM35 motor feedback systems. The servo motor delivers vibration and temperature values in addition to position and speed values. By visualizing this data, it is possible to detect critical machine statuses faster and avoid production downtimes.
Following product families can be used
- Sensor hub with a maximum of 2 inputs for external sensors
- The sensor data is integrated in to the motion control system via HIPERFACE DSL®.
- Collection of vibration, temperature, speed, position and service life histogram of the servo motor (combined with EDS/EDM35)
- Optical motor feedback system with HIPERFACE DSL®
- Up to 24-bit resolution per revolution and 4,096 revolutions with the multiturn system
- Certified according to SIL2 and PL d
- Status monitoring and mission time histogram; temperature, speed, and revolution data are stored throughout the service life of the device