Dynamic volume measurement at cross-belt sorter
The geometry of cross-belt sorters allows for volume measurement directly above the sorter. Efficient dual-head systems boost the performance for mixed streams of cubic and irregularly shaped items. The system excels with high measuring rates and outstanding accuracy. The system is certified and can be used for invoicing (legal-for-trade). Based on off-the-shelf products, this scalable solution can be fully customized. For example, it is possible to expand the solution into a fully featured dimensioning and scanning system.
Following product families can be usedProduct family VMS420/520The dual-head, high-speed volume measurement system for nearly any shape
- Measurement of length, width and height of any shaped object
- Calculation of the smallest enclosing cube (box volume)
- Calculation of real volume
- Optimized application software
- All measuring functions are built in the measuring head, no additional evaluation unit is required