Ethylene and propylene are key building blocks for plastics. They are produced by cracking ethane or naphtha at high temperatures in large cracker furnaces. The complex product mixture is separated in a cryogenic section at elevated pressures. The subsequent splitting and analytical monitoring of the H2, C1, C2, C3 and C4 fractions pose particular challenges. Classical continuous gas analyzers and process photometers are becoming an attractive alternative to GC and MS techniques as they are rugged, easy to operate, and can eliminate cross-interferences.
Following product families can be usedProduct family GMS800Tailor-made gas analysis for process and emission monitoring
- 6 different analyzer modules: DEFOR (NDUV, UVRAS), MULTOR (NDIR), OXOR-E (electrochemical O2), OXOR-P (paramagnetic O2), THERMOR (TC), and UNOR (NDIR)
- 4 different types of enclosures
- Gas module with sample gas pump and/or control sensors
- New enclosure type for easy and quick integration in analyzer systems
- Remote diagnosis via Ethernet with SOPAS ET software