Wire draw encoders
Measurement range 0 m ... 1.25 m Reproducibility ≤ 0.2 mm 1) 2) Linearity ≤ ± 2 mm 1) 3) Hysteresis ≤ 0.4 mm 1) 4) Resolution (wire draw + encoder) 0.06 mm 5) 6)
- 1) Value applies to wire draw mechanism.
- 2) Reproducibility, repetition accuracy, or even repeatability is defined as the maximum scatter from consecutive positioning operations from a single direction to a point, carried out under identical conditions.
- 3) The accuracy of wire draw encoders is primarily described by the linearity. This indicates the maximum deviation for the measurement of a defined measuring path. In contrast to repeatability, this relates to the measuring range covered and not to a positioning point.
- 4) The hysteresis is defined as the maximum scatter from consecutive positioning operations from different directions to a point, carried out under identical conditions.
- 5) The values shown have been rounded.
- 6) Example calculation based on the PFG08 with HTL Push Pull: 230 mm (wire draw length per revolution - see Mechanical data): 16,384 (pulses per revolution) = 0.014 mm (resolution of wire draw + encoder combination).
Encoder Incremental encoders Electrical interface Incremental / HTL Connection type Cable, 8-wire, universal, 1.5 m
- Electrical data
Maximum output frequency ≤ 300 kHz Reference signal, position 90°, electric, logically gated with A and B Reference signal, number Electric, logically gated with A and B Maximum load current ≤ 30 mA Initialization time ≤ 3 ms 1) 1) Supply voltage 7 V ... 30 V Power consumption 0.5 W MTTFd: mean time to dangerous failure 600 years 2) 3)
- 1) Valid positional data can be read once this time has elapsed.
- 2) This product is a standard product and does not constitute a safety component as defined in the Machinery Directive. Calculation based on nominal load of components, average ambient temperature 40°C, frequency of use 8760 h/a. All electronic failures are considered hazardous. For more information, see document no. 8015532.
- 3) The value applies to the mounted encoder.
- Mechanical data
Weight (including encoder) 230 g Weight (mechanics) 80 g Measuring wire material Highly flexible stranded steel 1.4401 stainless steel V4A/PA sheathed Weight (measuring wire) 0.58 g/m Housing material, wire draw mechanism Plastic, Noryl Length of wire pulled out per revolution 150 mm Spring return force 1 N ... 1.4 N 1) Life of wire draw mechanism Typ. 1 million cycles 2) 3) Actual wire draw length 1.45 m Measuring wire diameter 0.45 mm Wire acceleration 10 m/s² Operating speed 4 m/s Mounted encoder DBS36 Core Pulses per revolution 2,500 Part number encoder 1064246 Mounted mechanic MRA-G055-101D4 Part number mechanic 5324019
- 1) These values were measred at an ambient temperature of 25 °C. There may be variations at other temperatures.
- 2) A cycle consists of the wire being pulled out and drawn in.
- 3) The service life depends on the type of load. This is influenced by environmental conditions, the installation location, the measuring range in use, the traversing speed, and acceleration.
- Ambient data
EMC According to EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-3 (class A) Enclosure rating encoder IP65 Enclosure rating mechanic IP50 Resistance to shocks 100 g, 6 ms (according to EN 60068-2-27) Frequency range of resistance to vibrations 20 g, 10 Hz ... 2,000 Hz (according to EN 60068-2-6) Working temperature range (encoder) –30 °C ... +70 °C Working temperature range (mechanics) –30 °C ... +70 °C Working temperature range (combination) Defined by the higher minimum and lower maximum value of the operating temperature of the encoder and the mechanism Relative humidity/condensation 90 % (condensation of the optical scanning not permitted)
ECl@ss 5.0 27270590 ECl@ss 5.1.4 27270590 ECl@ss 6.0 27270590 ECl@ss 6.2 27270590 ECl@ss 7.0 27270590 ECl@ss 8.0 27270590 ECl@ss 8.1 27270590 ECl@ss 9.0 27270590 ETIM 5.0 EC001486 ETIM 6.0 EC001486 UNSPSC 16.0901 41112113