Wire draw encoders
Measurement range 0 m ... 5 m Reproducibility ≤ 0.2 mm 1) Linearity ≤ ± 2 mm 1) Hysteresis ≤ 0.4 mm 1) Resolution (wire draw + encoder) 0.05 mm 2) 3)
- 1) Value applies to wire draw mechanism.
- 2) The values shown have been rounded.
- 3) Example calculation based on the BCG08 with PROFINET: 230 mm (wire draw length per revolution - see Mechanical data): 262,144 (number of steps per revolution) = 0.001 mm (resolution of wire draw + encoder combination).
Encoder Absolute encoders Electrical interface PROFIBUS DP Connection type Connector 3 x M12, 5-pin, axial Address setting 0 ... 127, DIP switch Protocol PROFIBUS DP V0 Bus termination Via DIP switches Set (electronic adjustment) Via PRESET push button or protocol Encoder profile Encoder profile version 1.1 class 1 and class 2
- Electrical data
Initialization time 1) Supply voltage 10 V ... 32 V Power consumption 1.5 W MTTFd: mean time to dangerous failure 60 years 2) 3)
- 1) Valid positional data can be read once this time has elapsed.
- 2) This product is a standard product and does not constitute a safety component as defined in the Machinery Directive. Calculation based on nominal load of components, average ambient temperature 40°C, frequency of use 8760 h/a. All electronic failures are considered hazardous. For more information, see document no. 8015532.
- 3) The value applies to the mounted encoder.
- Mechanical data
Weight (including encoder) 1.08 kg Weight (mechanics) 800 g Measuring wire material Highly flexible stranded steel 1.4401 stainless steel V4A Weight (measuring wire) 1.2 g/m Housing material, wire draw mechanism Plastic, Noryl Length of wire pulled out per revolution 385 mm Spring return force Approx. 4.5 N ... approx. 7 N 1) Life of wire draw mechanism Typ. 1 million cycles 2) 3) Actual wire draw length 5.2 m Measuring wire diameter 0.55 mm Wire acceleration 4 m/s² Operating speed 4 m/s Mounted encoder A3M60 Part number encoder 1051018 Mounted mechanic MRA-G130-105D3 Part number mechanic 5322779
- 1) These values were measred at an ambient temperature of 25 °C. There may be variations at other temperatures.
- 2) A cycle consists of the wire being pulled out and drawn in.
- 3) The service life depends on the type of load. This is influenced by environmental conditions, the installation location, the measuring range in use, the traversing speed, and acceleration.
- Ambient data
EMC According to EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-3 Enclosure rating encoder IP67 Enclosure rating mechanic IP50 Resistance to shocks 80 g, 6 ms (according to EN 60068-2-27) Frequency range of resistance to vibrations 30 g, 10 Hz ... 2,000 Hz (according to EN 60068-2-6) Working temperature range (encoder) –10 °C ... +70 °C Working temperature range (mechanics) –30 °C ... +70 °C Working temperature range (combination) Defined by the higher minimum and lower maximum value of the operating temperature of the encoder and the mechanism Relative humidity/condensation 95 % (condensation of the optical scanning not permitted)
ECl@ss 5.0 27270590 ECl@ss 5.1.4 27270590 ECl@ss 6.0 27270590 ECl@ss 6.2 27270590 ECl@ss 7.0 27270590 ECl@ss 8.0 27270590 ECl@ss 8.1 27270590 ECl@ss 9.0 27270590 ETIM 5.0 EC001486 ETIM 6.0 EC001486 UNSPSC 16.0901 41112113