Measuring wheel encoders
Linear resolution 0.125 mm/pulse to 304.8 mm/pulse (type-dependent) Pulses per revolution 1 ... 2400 1) Measuring step 90° electric/pulses per revolution Measuring step deviation ± 18°, / pulses per revolution Error limits Measuring step deviation x 3 Duty cycle ≤ 0.5 ± 5 % Initialization time < 5 ms 2)
- 1) Available pulses per revolution see type code.
- 2) Valid positional data can be read once this time has elapsed.
- Electrical data
Communication interface Incremental Communication Interface detail TTL / HTL / DIP switch, selectable output 1) Supply voltage 4.75 V ... 30 V Connection type Male connector, M12, 4-pin, universal 2) DIP switch parameters Pulses per revolution ✔ Output voltage ✔ Direction of rotation ✔ Power consumption max. without load ≤ 1.25 W Load current max. ≤ 30 mA, per channel Maximum output frequency 60 kHz Reference signal, number 1 Reference signal, position 180°, electric, gated with A Reverse polarity protection ✔ Short-circuit protection of the outputs ✔ MTTFd: mean time to dangerous failure 275 years (EN ISO 13849-1) 3)
- 1) The output is not selectable for DIP switch configurations E, F, and G. The output voltage value is dependent on the supply voltage.
- 2) The universal connection is rotatable so that it is possible to position the conector in the radial or axial direction.
- 3) This product is a standard product and does not constitute a safety component as defined in the Machinery Directive. Calculation based on nominal load of components, average ambient temperature 40°C, frequency of use 8760 h/a. All electronic failures are considered hazardous. For more information, see document no. 8015532.
- Mechanical data
Measuring wheel circumference 300 mm Measuring wheel surface O-ring NBR70 1) Spring arm design Spring tension, under-belt flange mount Mass 0.9 kg 2) Encoder material Shaft Stainless steel Flange Aluminum Housing Aluminum Cable PVC Spring arm mechanism material Spring element Spring steel Measuring wheel, spring arm Aluminum Yoke Aluminum Counterweight Aluminum Start up torque 0.5 Ncm Operating torque 0.4 Ncm Maximum operating speed 1,500 min⁻¹ Bearing lifetime 3.6 x 10^9 revolutions Maximum travel/deflection of spring arm 40 mm 3) Recommended pretension 20 mm 3) Max. permissible working area for the spring (continuous operation) ± 10 mm
- 1) The surface of a measuring wheel is subject to wear. This depends on contact pressure, acceleration behavior in the application, traversing speed, measurement surface, mechanical alignment of the measuring wheel, temperature, and ambient conditions. We recommend you regularly check the condition of the measuring wheel and replace as required.
- 2) Based on an encoder with a plug connector output and urethane rollers, no mounting necessary (arm mount).
- 3) Only applies to variants with spring arm mounting.
- Ambient data
EMC According to EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-3 Permissible relative humidity 90 % (condensation of the optical scanning not permitted) Operating temperature range –30 °C ... +70 °C Storage temperature range –40 °C ... +75 °C
ECl@ss 5.0 27270501 ECl@ss 5.1.4 27270501 ECl@ss 6.0 27270590 ECl@ss 6.2 27270590 ECl@ss 7.0 27270501 ECl@ss 8.0 27270501 ECl@ss 8.1 27270501 ECl@ss 9.0 27270501 ETIM 5.0 EC001486 ETIM 6.0 EC001486 UNSPSC 16.0901 41112113