Measuring wheel encoders
Pulses per revolution 2,000 Resolution in pulses/mm 10 Measuring increment (resolution in mm/pulse) 0.1 Measuring step deviation ± 18° / pulses per revolution Error limits ± 4 mm/m, subject to the measuring wheel (wheel + surface) Duty cycle ≤ 0.5 ± 5 % Initialization time < 3 ms
- Electrical data
Electrical interface 7 V ... 30 V, HTL/Push pull Connection type Cable, 8-wire with male connector M12, universal, 0.5 m Power consumption max. without load ≤ 0.5 W Load current max. 30 mA Maximum output frequency 300 kHz Reference signal, number 1 Reference signal, position 90°, electric, logically gated with A and B Reverse polarity protection ✔ Short-circuit protection of the outputs ✔ 1) MTTFd: mean time to dangerous failure 600 years (EN ISO 13849-1) 2)
- 1) The short-circuit rating is only given if Us and GND are connected correctly.
- 2) This product is a standard product and does not constitute a safety component as defined in the Machinery Directive. Calculation based on nominal load of components, average ambient temperature 40°C, frequency of use 8760 h/a. All electronic failures are considered hazardous. For more information, see document no. 8015532.
- Mechanical data
Measuring wheel circumference 200 mm Measuring wheel surface O-ring NBR70 1) Spring arm design 63.5 mm spring arm, encoder on mounting side (left), single wheel Mass + 300 g Encoder material Shaft Stainless steel Flange Aluminum Housing Aluminum Cable PVC Spring arm mechanism material Spring element Spring steel, anti-corrosive Measuring wheel, spring arm Aluminum Start up torque 0.9 Ncm (at 20 °C) Operating torque 0.6 Ncm (at 20 °C) Maximum operating speed 1,500 min⁻¹ Operating speed 3,000 min⁻¹ 2) Bearing lifetime 2.0 x 10^9 revolutions Maximum travel/deflection of spring arm 14 mm At 14 N spring travel Recommended pretension 15 N At 10 mm deflection 3) Max. permissible working area for the spring (continuous operation) ± 3 mm Recommended spring deflection 2 mm ... 13 mm Service life of spring element > 1.4 million cycles 4) Mounting position relative to the measuring object Preferably from above, from below possible 5)
- 1) The surface of a measuring wheel is subject to wear. This depends on contact pressure, acceleration behavior in the application, traversing speed, measurement surface, mechanical alignment of the measuring wheel, temperature, and ambient conditions. We recommend you regularly check the condition of the measuring wheel and replace as required.
- 2) No permanent operation. Decreasing signal quality.
- 3) When measured from the top of the measuring surface.
- 4) One cycle corresponds to an upward and downward movement of ± 3 mm from the recommended pretension position.
- 5) When mounted from below, the encoder weight during spring pretensioning must be taken into account.
- Ambient data
EMC According to EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-3 (class A) Permissible relative humidity 90 % (condensation of the optical scanning not permitted) Betriebstemperaturbereich
–20 °C ... +85 °C
–35 °C ... +95 °C (on request)
Storage temperature range –40 °C ... +100 °C, without package
ECl@ss 5.0 27270501 ECl@ss 5.1.4 27270501 ECl@ss 6.0 27270590 ECl@ss 6.2 27270590 ECl@ss 7.0 27270501 ECl@ss 8.0 27270501 ECl@ss 8.1 27270501 ECl@ss 9.0 27270501 ETIM 5.0 EC001486 ETIM 6.0 EC001486 UNSPSC 16.0901 41112113