Reading DOT codes on tires
The tire has a DOT code (a press-fitted alphanumeric character string) on one edge containing the date of manufacture and other information. The new Ranger3 3D vision sensor takes a high-quality 3D image of this plain text while the tire rotates below the camera. This high-quality image makes the DOT code easier to read.
Following product families can be used
- CMOS sensor from SICK with ROCC technology for superior 3D performance
- Processing of up to 15.4 gigapixels/s.
- Full-format 3D profile at 7 kHz
- Sensor resolution: Up to 2,560 x 832 px
- GigE Vision and GenICam compliant
- 3D, reflective, and scattered light measurement in one device
- Industrial housing, optional IP65/67 enclosure rating