Four Dimensions of Smart Sensor Technology: Efficient Communication
Efficient Communication enables bidirectional data transfer between control unit and sensor – for batch size 1, flexible processes and easy service.
Smart Sensors are diligent data collectors and intelligent analysts. They share this knowledge with their environment via their integrated IO-Link interface in real time. Smart Sensors are always responsive to all types of control commands. For example, they can receive new parameter sets within seconds – for flexible production up to batch size 1. Even if a device is defective, the most recently used parameter set can be automatically transferred to the replacement sensor via IO-Link. This enables plug and play to become a reality.
Efficient Communication: added value for your application
Flexible manufacturing and batch size 1
- Higher productivity through reduction of machine downtimes for product changeovers
- The greatest possible flexibility and accuracy thanks to dynamic parameter adjustments of sensors during operation – also for batch size 1
- Automated sensor parameterization by the control unit prevents incorrect settings during manual changeover
- Improving variability of systems helps reduce costs
Flexible configuration of the sensor for different packaging
Fast commissioning and plug and play device replacement with automated setting of sensor parameters
- Streamlined commissioning via sensor parameterization by the control unit
- Faster plug and play sensor replacement improves machine availability
- Sensor replacement can also be performed by untrained personnel
- Remote configuration of sensor equipment mounted at inaccessible locations
Fast commissioning and plug and play device replacement
Continuous digital data transmission
- Improved signal quality with fully digital transmission from the sensor to controls; classical transfer of analog values (0-10 V, 4-20 mA)
- Use of unshielded standard cable reduces costs
- High electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
Fully-digital signal transmission
Device validation, logging and e-parts list
- High transparency: sensor replacements and parameter changes can be logged
- Protection against tampering by selectively disabling control elements
- Safe operation: commissioning of unapproved devices can be prevented
- Automatically generate e-parts list using smart sensors currently installed in the machine
Device validation, logging and generation of e-parts list
Please wait a moment...
Your request is being processed and may take a few seconds.