Volume measurement of singulated, irregularly shaped objects
SICK provides volume measurement solutions for automated determination of freight charges on belts with bulk goods. These systems enable CEP operators to significantly increase the throughput of "non-conveyable” goods. VMS530-IDS (Irregular Dimension System) allows for determining the volume of irregularly shaped, non-touching items. With VMS530-NSDS (Non-Singulated Dimensioning System), non-singulated streams of cubic items can be effectively measured.
Following product families can be usedProduct family VMS420/520The dual-head, high-speed volume measurement system for nearly any shape
- Measurement of length, width and height of any shaped object
- Calculation of the smallest enclosing cube (box volume)
- Calculation of real volume
- Optimized application software
- All measuring functions are built in the measuring head, no additional evaluation unit is required