Measuring wheel encoders
Pulses per revolution 1 ... 60 1) Resolution in pulses/mm 0.125 mm/pulse to 304.8 mm/pulse (type-dependent) Measuring step 90° electric/pulses per revolution Measuring step deviation ± 18°, / pulses per revolution Error limits Measuring step deviation x 3 Duty cycle 0.5 ± 5 % Initialization time < 5 ms 2)
- 1) Available pulses per revolution see type code.
- 2) Valid positional data can be read once this time has elapsed.
Communication interface Incremental Communication Interface detail TTL / HTL Parameterising data DIP switch, selectable output
- Electrical data
Operating power consumption (no load) 120 mA Connection type Male connector, M12, 4-pin, universal 1) Pulses per revolution ✔ Output voltage ✔ Direction of rotation ✔ Power consumption max. without load ≤ 1.25 W Supply voltage 4.75 V ... 30 V Load current max. ≤ 30 mA, per channel Maximum output frequency 60 kHz Reference signal, number 1 Reference signal, position 180°, electric, gated with A Reverse polarity protection ✔ Short-circuit protection of the outputs ✔ MTTFd: mean time to dangerous failure 275 years (EN ISO 13849-1) 2)
- 1) The universal connection is rotatable so that it is possible to position the conector in the radial or axial direction.
- 2) This product is a standard product and does not constitute a safety component as defined in the Machinery Directive. Calculation based on nominal load of components, average ambient temperature 40°C, frequency of use 8760 h/a. All electronic failures are considered hazardous. For more information, see document no. 8015532.
- Mechanical data
Measuring wheel circumference 300 mm Measuring wheel surface O-ring NBR70 1) Spring arm design Spring arm, encoder on mounting side Mass 0.45 kg 2) Encoder material Shaft Stainless steel Flange Aluminum Housing Aluminum Cable PVC Spring arm mechanism material Spring element Spring steel Measuring wheel, spring arm Aluminum Start up torque 1.2 Ncm Operating torque 1.1 Ncm Operating speed 1,500 min⁻¹ Bearing lifetime 3.6 x 109 revolutions Maximum travel/deflection of spring arm 14 mm 3) Recommended pretension 10 mm 3) Max. permissible working area for the spring (continuous operation) ± 3 mm Service life of spring element > 1.4 million cycles 3)
- 1) The surface of a measuring wheel is subject to wear. This depends on contact pressure, acceleration behavior in the application, traversing speed, measurement surface, mechanical alignment of the measuring wheel, temperature, and ambient conditions. We recommend you regularly check the condition of the measuring wheel and replace as required.
- 2) Based on encoder with male connector.
- 3) Only applies to variants with spring arm mounting.
- Ambient data
EMC According to EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-3 Enclosure rating IP65 1) Permissible relative humidity 90 % (condensation of the optical scanning not permitted) Operating temperature range –30 °C ... +70 °C Storage temperature range –40 °C ... +75 °C
- 1) When the mating connector is installed and the DIP switch door is sealed with the encoder housing.
ECl@ss 5.0 27270501 ECl@ss 5.1.4 27270501 ECl@ss 6.0 27270590 ECl@ss 6.2 27270590 ECl@ss 7.0 27270501 ECl@ss 8.0 27270501 ECl@ss 8.1 27270501 ECl@ss 9.0 27270501 ECl@ss 10.0 27270790 ECl@ss 11.0 27270707 ETIM 5.0 EC001486 ETIM 6.0 EC001486 ETIM 7.0 EC001486 ETIM 8.0 EC001486 UNSPSC 16.0901 41112113