Integrated speed and length measurement for sawmill applications
The “Length Measurement” smart task enables veneers in a lumber mill to be cut precisely regardless of any slippage of the conveyor belt. The W4S-3 miniature photoelectric sensor is ideally suited for this purpose. This maintenance-free measurement system can also be used to perform a quality inspection after cutting, and to adjust the running saw in the event of tolerance deviations.
Following product families can be usedProduct family W4S-3Photoelectric sensor family with best-in-class performance
- Best background suppression sensor in its class
- Universal use of PinPoint LED technology in all models
- BGS proximity sensor with laser-like light spot for precise detection tasks
- Reliable setting via 5-turn potentiometer, teach-in pushbutton, teach-in via cable or IO-Link
- Flexible sensor settings, monitoring, advanced diagnostics, and visualization thanks to IO-Link