Collision warning on the rear of an excavator with 3D LiDAR sensors
On construction sites, excavators can often collide with objects while maneuvering or reversing due to reduced visibility around the rear of the vehicle. The driver assistance system’s sensors must, therefore, be able to classify objects and their relevance to the collision warning system. They do this by calculating object volume. The MRS1000 3D LiDAR sensor features an IP67 enclosure and detects up to 55,000 measuring points across four layers, enabling it to recognize objects standing on the floor or located in the vehicle’s travel path in plenty of time. Cutting-edge HDDM+ technology with multi-echo evaluation guarantees precise measurements, regardless of the weather conditions.
Following product families can be used
- Four spread layers and a 275° aperture angle
- High weather resistance and reliability through HDDM+ with multi-echo technology
- Field evaluation and measured data in one sensor
- Easy configuration, with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Convenient and customer-friendly diagnostics via web server