Reliable, cost-effective detection of secondary packaging in harsh environments
Sensors in the food industry are mostly installed directly within the production process and are continually exposed to high levels of dust, water, vibrations, or other harsh ambient conditions. These sensors therefore require regular cleaning and maintenance to keep performing reliably and thus ensure the system or machine stays up and running. Thanks to the implemented AutoAdapt function, the W4S-3 Glass smart sensor dynamically adjusts its switching thresholds in response to the gradual contamination of the optical surfaces of the sensor and reflector. This markedly extends the required cleaning cycles, thereby reducing servicing costs.
Following product families can be usedProduct family W4S-3Photoelectric sensor family with best-in-class performance
- Best background suppression sensor in its class
- Universal use of PinPoint LED technology in all models
- BGS proximity sensor with laser-like light spot for precise detection tasks
- Reliable setting via 5-turn potentiometer, teach-in pushbutton, teach-in via cable or IO-Link
- Flexible sensor settings, monitoring, advanced diagnostics, and visualization thanks to IO-Link