Measuring wheel encoders
Pulses per revolution 50 Measuring increment (resolution in mm/pulse) 0.25 1) 2) Repeatability < 0.1 mm 3)
- 1) Calculation example: Circumference of wheel / pulses per revolution = 200 mm / 16384 pulses per revolution = 0,012mm/pulse.
- 2) Value based on measuring wheel circumference. The measuring wheel circumference depends on manufacturing tolerances, wear and tear, the selected spring tensioning force, and the behavior of the measurement wheel surface at different temperatures and on different measurement surfaces. To obtain the most accurate measurement results, we recommend performing a reference run for positioning tasks so that application-specific measuring wheel characteristics can be taken into account.
- 3) Value is based on the mechanics. Backlash of the measuring wheel mechanics, is at a minimum. This enables a precise and repeatable measurement results.
Communication interface Incremental Communication Interface detail TTL / RS-422 Number of signal channels 6-channel
- Electrical data
Connection type Cable, 8-wire, with male connector, M23, 12-pin, universal, 0.5 m Supply voltage 4.5 V ... 5.5 V Reverse polarity protection ✔ Short-circuit protection of the outputs ✔ 1) MTTFd: mean time to dangerous failure 500 years (EN ISO 13849-1) 2) 3)
- 1) Short-circuit opposite to another channel or GND permissible for max. 60 s. No protection signal against US.
- 2) This product is a standard product and does not constitute a safety component as defined in the Machinery Directive. Calculation based on nominal load of components, average ambient temperature 40°C, frequency of use 8760 h/a. All electronic failures are considered hazardous. For more information, see document no. 8015532.
- 3) Value refers to the mounted encoder.
- Mechanical data
Measuring wheel circumference 200 mm 1) Measuring wheel surface Studded polyurethane surface Mounting Measuring wheel mounted at the rear Spring arm mechanism material Spring element Stainless steel Measuring wheel, spring arm Aluminum Start up torque + 1.2 Ncm (at 20 °C) Operating torque 1.1 Ncm (at 20 °C) Bearing lifetime 3.6 x 109 revolutions Minimum spring tension force 4 N 2) 3) Max. permissible working area for the spring (continuous operation) ± 10 mm Service life of spring element > 1.5 million cycles Mounting position relative to the measuring object Preferably from above, from below possible 4) Mounted encoder DBS60 Core, DBS60E-S4AQ00050, 1091257 Mounted mechanic BEF-MWS120-ARM Attached measuring wheel BEF-MR10200APN, 4084739
- 1) The surface of a measuring wheel is subject to wear. This depends on contact pressure, acceleration behavior in the application, traversing speed, measurement surface, mechanical alignment of the measuring wheel, temperature, and ambient conditions. We recommend you regularly check the condition of the measuring wheel and replace as required.
- 2) The right spring tension force for the application shall keep the slippage at a minimum in the application working conditions and measuring surface, without damaging the measuring surface.
- 3) The clamping force can be set in 6 fixed increments of 4 N. 4 N corresponds to one increment.
- 4) When mounted from below, the encoder weight during spring pretensioning must be taken into account.
- Ambient data
EMC According to EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-3 Operating temperature range –20 °C ... +80 °C 1) Storage temperature range –40 °C ... +100 °C 1)
- 1) This value reflects the smallest temperature value of the installed products. For more information, please look at the individual data sheets.
ECl@ss 5.0 27270501 ECl@ss 5.1.4 27270501 ECl@ss 6.0 27270590 ECl@ss 6.2 27270590 ECl@ss 7.0 27270501 ECl@ss 8.0 27270501 ECl@ss 8.1 27270501 ECl@ss 9.0 27270501 ECl@ss 10.0 27270790 ECl@ss 11.0 27270707 ETIM 5.0 EC001486 ETIM 6.0 EC001486 ETIM 7.0 EC001486 ETIM 8.0 EC001486 UNSPSC 16.0901 41112113