CERTIFIED FUNCTIONAL SAFETY APPLICATION EXPERT TRAINING (CFSAE)
SICK has partnered with SGS-TÜV Saar to become a training provider for the 'Certified Functional Safety Application Expert (CFSAE)' course and qualification. This comprehensive five-day course, taught by machine safety experts, covers the global requirements of ISO 13849, IEC 61508, IEC 62061 and the European Machinery Directive.
It defines the design and proof requirements needed by safety engineers to ensure machine applications are free from unacceptable risk. It also provides those with an existing specialism and expertise in machinery safety to realise their expertise with a professional qualification. After the training, delegates will have the opportunity to take the optional exam, and on passing, will receive a qualification certificate and may use the title "Certified Functional Safety Application Expert (CFSAE) - SGS-TÜV Saar".
What does the course cover?
- European guidelines
- Standards: ISO 13849, IEC 61508 and IEC 62061
- Risk assessment
- Safety functions on machines
- Selection and evaluation of protective devices and safety components
- Requirements for the implementation of protective devices
- Circuit technology
- Verification and validation of protection functions
What are the Learning Outcomes?
On completion of the course, you will:
- Have an in-depth understanding of the standards addressing functional safety of machinery
- Be able to review, select and integrate protective devices to effectively reduce hazards associated with machinery including complete circuit and schematic requirements
- Be able to analyse and carry out the technical measures required for risk reduction such as, identification of faults and their root causes, potential weak areas and the reliability of protective systems
- Perform calculations, define a validation plan, and complete documentation according to ISO 13849 and IEC 62061
- Have the knowledge and understanding that is needed to take the Functional Safety Application Expert examination
Who should attend?
Machine builders, systems integrators, developers and applications engineers with responsibility for machinery safety and who can fulfill the eligibility requirements (see below).
Is the exam part of the five-day course?
Yes and no! The exam is optional but if you do choose to complete it, you will sit the exam at the end of the weeks training.
You will need to have:
- In-depth knowledge of machine safety applications
- 3-5 years of professional experience in functional safety
- Existing working knowledge of functional safety standards and best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of the following regulations: ISO 13849, IEC 61508, IEC 62061
- Experience and understanding in the field of functional safety management
- Practical experience in the quantification of PL and SIL
Course only: £2350.00 + VAT