Modules and gateways
The UE4740 EFI gateway connects intelligent SICK safety sensors to the PROFINET PROFIsafe fieldbus. It has two EFI interfaces for connecting up to four SICK safety sensors, which allows the use of expanded sensor functionalities.
The UE4740 EFI gateway makes it possible to exchange a configurable process image between the EFI sensors and the PLC via PROFINET IO PROFIsafe. This EFI gateway is configured using CDS configuration software CDS, which helps provide simple configuration and diagnostics information.
At a glance
- Support of PROFINET IO conformance class A, LLDP, SNMP, MIB II, cyclic I/O communication, acyclic read/write services for the communication via TCI interface, diagnostics alarm, TCP/IP communication via port 9000
- Support by PROFIsafe V2.00
- Two inputs (EFI interface) to connect intelligent SICK safety sensors
- Easy configuration and advanced diagnostics with the help of the CDS (Configuration & Diagnostic Software)
- Easy integration of intelligent SICK safety sensors into a PROFINET IO PROFIsafe fieldbus
- Simple use of the enhanced functionalities of SICK’s intelligent safety sensors allows information to be easily exchanged via PROFINET IO PROFIsafe
- Comprehensive diagnostics provide fast troubleshooting, which reduces downtime
- Technical specifications
Accessory family EFI gateways Communication interface PROFINET, PROFIsafe Note The system plug has to be ordered separately. For details, see “Accessories”. Enclosure rating IP20 (IEC 60529) Weight 147 g Dimensions (W x H x L) 22.5 mm x 96.5 mm x 120.8 mm Description PROFINET PROFIsafe Safety-related parameters Category Category 4 (EN ISO 13849) Performance level PL e (EN ISO 13849) Safety integrity level SIL3 (IEC 61508) SILCL3 (EN 62061) PFHD (mean probability of a dangerous failure per hour) 2.84 x 10-9 (EN ISO 13849)
ECl@ss 5.0 27242205 ECl@ss 5.1.4 27242605 ECl@ss 6.0 27242605 ECl@ss 6.2 27242605 ECl@ss 7.0 27242605 ECl@ss 8.0 27242605 ECl@ss 8.1 27242605 ECl@ss 9.0 27242605 ECl@ss 10.0 27242605 ECl@ss 11.0 27242605 ETIM 5.0 EC001601 ETIM 6.0 EC001601 ETIM 7.0 EC001601 ETIM 8.0 EC001601 UNSPSC 16.0901 32151705