- Localization of parts in bins and boxes independent of part orientation
- 3D camera with superior image quality
- Reliable part localization, even under varying ambient conditions
- Part localization based on matching between CAD model of part and 3D image
- Verification that free space is available for the gripper in reported pick positions
- Complete solution comprising hardware and software preconfigured and tailored for the precise localization of parts in bins
- Integrated tools for coordinate alignment and communication with the robot
PLBPrecise localization of parts in bins
- The comprehensive, easy-to-use solution makes it possible to configure new applications quickly and efficiently
- PLB noticeably reduces the effort of analyzing and designing solutions for new applications
- PLB enables reliable robot-automated part-picking without the need for precise part placement in the bin or on the pallet, thereby maximizing part handling uptime
- Features tailored for the target applications ensure high part localization accuracy and short part picking cycle time
- With PLB, no machine vision expertise is needed in order to use and maintain the system
- CAD-based localization makes it easy to introduce new parts in production
The PLB system was developed for precise localization of parts in bins and boxes. It mobilizes the CAD-based teach-in of new parts for easy configuration of new applications and supports short pick-to-pick cycle times and high throughput.
The system comprises a 3D camera and part localization software along with additional tools for easy integration with the robot and communication with a higher-level controller. The camera delivers accurate and reliable 3D images and is unaffected by ambient artificial light.
The field-proven tools and functions for alignment of the PLB system with the robot coordinate system, communication with the robot and verification of collision-free gripper positioning relative to the part make it a simple matter to integrate the system in production. Both the software and hardware are designed to be used out of the box, so you can begin to use the system productively without further preparations.
- Technical data overview
System features 3D camera plus software package for part localization Example volume of view (L x W x H)
800 mm x 1,200 mm x 1,000 mm (max. height range)
1,000 mm x 1,200 mm x 750 mm (max. image area)
Image resolution 1 mm ... 4 mm, depending on distance to camera Part localization time 5 s ... 10 s (typical) Part localization accuracy < +/- 2 mm and < +/- 1° (typical) Enclosure rating IP65