Training and education
The manufacturer or operating entity bears the full responsibility for the safe operation of their machines and systems.
Are you responsible for the safety of your employees in your company?
With your years of experience as an application engineer, system integrator, developer, safety officer or person responsible for machine safety, you can qualify as a “Certified Functional Safety Application Expert (CFSAE) – SGS-TÜV Saar”.
The training is aimed at you as an experienced person and is provided by experts. It gives you the opportunity to discuss functional safety topics with them on an equal footing.
Following the training, you can take the exam to become a CFSAE (SGS-TÜV Saar) and, if you pass, you will receive the corresponding certificate.
At a glance
- European directives
- Standards: ISO 13849, IEC 61508, and IEC 62061
- Risk assessment
- Safety functions on machines
- Selection and assessment of protective devices and safety components
- Requirements when implementing protective devices
- Switching technology
- Verification and validation of protective functions
- Discuss safety issues and exchange ideas with experts on an equal footing
- Once you pass the exam, you will receive a certificate from SGS-TÜV Saar GmbH
- You can list yourself as a “Certified Functional Safety Application Expert (CFSAE) - SGS-TÜV Saar” on your business card
- You can confidently apply the requirements of the functional safety standards
- You can select the appropriate functional safety measures to reduce risk, and can justify your choice
- You implement the necessary steps for documentation and quality assurance in your company
Product area Industrial Safety Product segment All SICK safety products
SICK LifeTime Services
Product family group Training and education
All “Industrial Safety” product families from SICK
Training format Classroom training Target Audience
Good application knowledge in machine safety
Many years of experience with functional safety
Understanding of: ISO 13849, IEC 61508, IEC 62061, Machinery Directive 2006/42 / EC
Management of functional safety
At least 2 years of professional experience with industrial machines
Training in electrical or mechanical engineering or practice in these fields, basic knowledge of automation and electrical safety
Duration 4.5 d Class size Maximum 12 trainees Certificate TÜV