- Wide range of connections with 25 interfaces for Ethernet-based fieldbuses, cameras, illumination, sensors, encoders, and more besides
- 8-gigabit Ethernet interfaces for rapid image transmission
- Fieldbus and Ethernet interfaces with communication protocols such as OPC-UA and MQTT provide preprocessed data (edge computing) for the control and for cloud computing in parallel “dual talk”, thereby allowing networking for digital factories.
- Precise synchronization of input and output signals
- Illumination control and supply
- IO-Link master connections
- Enclosure rating IP 65
SIM4000Flexible. Intelligent. Communicative.
- Tailored application development with SICK AppSpace
- High-performance, innovative application solutions through merging of sensor and camera data
- The integrated HALCON library and the SICK API algorithm opens up a whole host of image processing possibilities for every industrial field of application
- Recording, evaluation, and archiving of data from multiple cameras and sensors, enabling quality control, process analysis, and predictive maintenance for vertical integration in Industry 4.0
- Real-time-capable hardware reduces integration work in, for example, time-critical robotics applications
- Quick and easy commissioning thanks to prefabricated cables with M12 connections
The programmable SIM4000 Sensor Integration Machine – part of the SICK AppSpace eco-system – is opening up new possibilities for application solutions. Data from SICK sensors and cameras can be merged into a point cloud, evaluated, archived, and transmitted, e.g. to cloud platforms. 8-gigabit Ethernet interfaces are available for 2D or 3D cameras, and in some cases feature a voltage supply over Ethernet (PoE). Sensors can be integrated via IO-Link for distance and height measuring purposes. Thanks to the high-performance multi-core processor featuring hardware support, the SIM4000 enables image preprocessing and handling of input and output signals in real time. The integrated HALCON library also makes it possible to find solutions for sophisticated image processing tasks.
- Technical data overview
Image-based code readers
Bar code scanners
Displacement measurement sensors
Development environment SICK AppStudio Ethernet ✔ PROFINET ✔ EtherNet/IP™ ✔ EtherCAT® ✔ IO-Link ✔ Serial ✔ CAN ✔ USB ✔ Inputs/outputs I/O 4 opto-decoupled inputs, 7 inputs/outputs (configurable) S1-S4 In each case 1 input, in each case 1 input/output (configurable) S5-S8 In each case 1 input, in each case 2 inputs/outputs (configurable) Enclosure rating IP65
- Development environment: SICK AppStudio
- Data storage and retrieval: Image and data logging via optional microSD memory card, internal RAM and external FTP
- Further functions: HALCON13 (image processing library), JPEG compression, Rectification, Image stitching
Intelligent software tools, high-performance programmable devices, and a dynamic developer community create a solid foundation for designing customized sensor solutions.