Splice inspection and measurement
Quality control during the tire production process, including splice inspection on tires, has traditionally been performed manually by machine operators. Now this process can be automated with the Ranger3 3D vision sensor, achieving a significant reduction in reject rate. The sensor automatically and reliably distinguishes between correct and incorrect splices on dark materials such as rubber.
The Ranger3 3D vision sensor detects gaps, overlaps, and dog ear and open splices.
Following product families can be used
- CMOS sensor from SICK with ROCC technology for superior 3D performance
- Processing of up to 15.4 gigapixels/s.
- Full-format 3D profile at 7 kHz
- Sensor resolution: Up to 2,560 x 832 px
- GigE Vision and GenICam compliant
- 3D, reflective, and scattered light measurement in one device
- Industrial housing, optional IP65/67 enclosure rating