Determining the profile of ship loads
The LD-LRS 2D LiDAR sensor is installed on the trolley to help position the spreader on the quay crane. The trolley‘s position and the laser scanner‘s distance measurements are combined to create a dynamic 2D profile of the current cargo load on each ship. This data is then used together with control software to assist the crane operator in handling containers smoothly and efficiently.
Following product families can be used
- Long sensing range even when detecting dark surfaces
- High angular resolution of up to 0.0625 degrees
- High immunity to solar radiation
- Synchronous monitoring of up to six different fields
- Small laser spot diameter even at long distances