Measuring wheel encoders
Pulses per revolution 1,024 Resolution in pulses/mm 3.41 Pulses/mm 1) Measuring increment (resolution in mm/pulse) 0.03 mm/pulse 2) Measuring step deviation ± 0.008° 3) Error limits ± 4 mm/m, subject to measuring wheel (measuring wheel surface + measuring surface + ambient conditions) Initialization time 30 ms
- 1) Calculation example: Pulses per revolution / measuring wheel circumference = 16,384 pulses per revolution / 200 mm = 81.92 pulses/mm.
- 2) Calculation example: Circumference of wheel / pulses per revolution = 200 mm / 16384 pulses per revolution = 0,012mm/pulse.
- 3) Value refers to the mounted encoder.
Communication interface Incremental Communication Interface detail HTL / Push pull
- Electrical data
Connection type Cable, 8-wire, universal, 1.5 m Power consumption max. without load ≤ 30 mA Supply voltage 10 V ... 32 V Load current max. 30 mA Maximum output frequency 820 kHz Reference signal, number 1 Reference signal, position 90°, electric, logically gated with A and B Reverse polarity protection ✔ Short-circuit protection of the outputs ✔ MTTFd: mean time to dangerous failure 300 years (EN ISO 13849-1) 1)
- 1) This product is a standard product and does not constitute a safety component as defined in the Machinery Directive. Calculation based on nominal load of components, average ambient temperature 40°C, frequency of use 8760 h/a. All electronic failures are considered hazardous. For more information, see document no. 8015532.
- Mechanical data
Measuring wheel circumference 300 mm Measuring wheel surface O-ring NBR70 1) Mass + 500 g Shaft Stainless steel Flange Aluminum Housing Aluminum Cable PUR Spring element Not contained in the scope of delivery of the system Measuring wheel, spring arm Aluminum Start up torque 0.8 Ncm (at 20 °C) Operating torque 0.6 Ncm (at 20 °C) Operating speed 1,500 min⁻¹ Maximum operating speed 3,000 min⁻¹ 2) Bearing lifetime 3 x 10^9 revolutions Maximum travel/deflection of spring arm 40 mm Max. permissible working area for the spring (continuous operation) ± 10 mm Recommended spring deflection 20 mm ... 40 mm Mounting position relative to the measuring object Preferably from above, from below possible
- 1) The surface of a measuring wheel is subject to wear. This depends on contact pressure, acceleration behavior in the application, traversing speed, measurement surface, mechanical alignment of the measuring wheel, temperature, and ambient conditions. We recommend you regularly check the condition of the measuring wheel and replace as required.
- 2) Allow for self-heating of 3.3 K per 1,000 rpm when designing the operating temperature range.
- Ambient data
EMC According to EN 61000-6-2 and EN 61000-6-4 Enclosure rating IP65 Permissible relative humidity 90 % (condensation of the optical scanning not permitted) Operating temperature range –20 °C ... +100 °C Storage temperature range –40 °C ... +100 °C, without package
ECl@ss 5.0 27270501 ECl@ss 5.1.4 27270501 ECl@ss 6.0 27270590 ECl@ss 6.2 27270590 ECl@ss 7.0 27270501 ECl@ss 8.0 27270501 ECl@ss 8.1 27270501 ECl@ss 9.0 27270501 ECl@ss 10.0 27270790 ECl@ss 11.0 27270707 ETIM 5.0 EC001486 ETIM 6.0 EC001486 ETIM 7.0 EC001486 UNSPSC 16.0901 41112113