Developing lighter, more compact, and more intelligent machines. The incredibly small latest generation W2S-2 miniature photoelectric sensor offers completely new machine design possibilities. Intelligent features: the sensors feature background suppression that enables detection of black objects with a degree of reflection of 1%. The W2S-2 also offers world-class sensing distances in this housing size.
Whether it is used in machines in the pharmaceutical industry, in logistics handling applications or in automatic assembly equipment, the ultra-compact W2S-2 offers optimal performance and high reliability in industrial environments. Industry 4.0 is already on board: Both the sensing distance as well as continuous monitoring are set via the controller. The W2S-2 reduces the load on the machine control by using a counter, timestamp and false tripping suppression functions.
Programmable sensors, adjustable via a 3-turn potentiometer, and sensors with fixed sensing distances of 15 mm, 30 mm, 45 mm and 60 mm are also available.
At a glance
- Sensor with background suppression and without any significant black/white shift
- PinPoint 2.0 LED with extended sensing distances and high operating reserves
- A variety of application possibilities thanks to clearly-defined laser-like or line-shaped light spots
- Detection of highly-transparent and reflective objects using sensors with V-optics
- Photoelectric retro-reflective sensor with autocollimation and a clearly visible light spot