Collision avoidance for rail-mounted gantry cranes
The long range DT1000 distance sensors enable reliable non-contact distance measurement between rail-mounted ship-to-shore cranes (STS) for crane-to-crane collision avoidance, with low installation effort. If the adjustable distance limits are reached or if the cranes are traveling too fast, the data will be transmitted via a switching signal to the higher-level control. Using the configurable RS-422/SSI interface, the DT1000 can also provide data relating to distance and speed. Additionally, there is a scalable analog output signal available. The DT1000 therefore contributes significantly towards increasing system availability in the port.
Following product families can be used
- Long range distance sensor with infrared laser featuring HDDM+ technology
- Measures natural objects (DT1000) or reflectors (DL1000)
- Dust-proof and waterproof housing (IP 65 and IP 67) made of highly corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy
- Configurable digital inputs and outputs, analog output and fieldbus interfaces (dependent on variant)
- Measures hot surfaces (DT1000)