Determining the belt speed
When fuel and raw materials are transported on conveyors to storage locations for further processing, the conveyor belt’s speed is very important when it comes to controlling material flow. The DFS60 incremental encoder precisely calculates the speed and running direction of a belt, regardless of whether it is installed on a drive or deflection roller. When monitoring the ends without a drive, reliable feedback can be given to see whether the conveyor system is working correctly. The encoder can either be configured via a PC or a separate programming tool. The DFS60 therefore provides comprehensive programming flexibility for all industrial requirements.
Following product families can be used
- Short installation depth
- High resolution of up to 16 bits
- Optional programming: Output voltage, zero pulse position, zero impulse width, pulse number and counting direction
- Connection: Radial or axial cable connection, M23 or M12 male connector, axial or radial.
- Electrical interfaces: 5 V & 24 V TTL/RS-422, 24 V HTL/push pull, 5 V sin/cos 1 Vss
- Mechanical interfaces: Face mount flange or servo flange, blind hollow shaft or through hollow shaft
- Remote zero set possible