Length monitoring of deflectors with Smart Sensors
Smart Sensors generate and receive more than classical switching signals and measurands. Thanks to the A72 Smart Task, a Smart Sensor of the W4 product family delivers a length measurement result through internal offsetting of an encoder signal (e.g. DBS36) with its own detection signal. This allows for cost-effective and intelligent inspection of deflector flags for completeness and reference length.
Following product families can be used
- Precise laser light spot, laser class 1
- Teach-in pushbutton can be switched between detection of transparent and non-transparent objects
- Sensing ranges between 25 mm and 60 m
- Latest SICK proprietary ASIC and laser technologies with second emitter LED to provide outstanding background suppression and ambient light immunity
- Choice of adjustment via teach-in button, potentiometer, cable, or IO-Link