4Dpro – THE FLEXIBILITY YOU NEED
Ensure your investment over the long term
The sensor manufacturer SICK offers a broad portfolio of identification and vision solutions which are developed and produced in-house. Regardless of which technology you choose today, you can be sure to be flexible in the future with the 4Dpro concept. All 4Dpro sensors are compatible and interchangeable. Standardized connectivity, a common user interface, and a common set of accessories – we call this unique combination 4Dpro.
How you benefit from using 4Dpro sensors
- Investment security due to the ability to switch between technologies
- Simple commissioning even with cross-technology applications
- Fast and flexible exchange thanks to standardized connectivity
- Quick and easy integration into programmable logic controllers (PLCs) as SICK provides the function blocks free of charge
- Low storage effort and low storage costs due to reduced component variety and accessory parts
All 4Dpro sensors feature the same modular connectivity. This provides the basis for a flexible fieldbus connection combined with high process reliability. What’s more, you benefit twice over: the purchase order process is less complicated and the integration effort is reduced.
Common user interface
All 4Dpro sensors use SICK’s universal device configuration software. This means that you can quickly familiarize yourself with all technologies. Data is sent to the control in the required format and the inputs and outputs of the 4Dpro sensors can be analyzed quickly by an event monitor.
Common set of accessories
All 4Dpro sensors are supported by the same accessory pool. This reduces both component variety and storage effort, smoothing the way for low storage costs.
4Dpro sensors are identified by the 4Dpro mark