Advanced Flexi Soft Training
Join the Advanced Flexi Soft Training presented by the SICK Safety Division focusing on preparation of the software program or configuration based on the existing safety concept. You have the opportunity to gain in depth knowledge and understanding regarding protection of workers and machines in compliance with standards and regulations.
Scope of services
- Preparation of the software program or configuration based on the existing safety concept
- Preparation of the data exchange with other communication modules
- The range of services includes technical clarification, preparation of a user document, system specification, software check, comments, allocation table, cross reference list, final review and documentation in electronic format
- From the planning phase to commissioning of the customer-specific hardware and software, all work is performed in accordance with strict configuration guidelines. Each phase is clearly described. Projects are implemented based on the V-model
- Protection of workers and machines in compliance with standards and regulations
- Cost savings: Efficient project implementation minimizes the risk of productivity restrictions
Flexi Soft Programme Overview
- Overview of Flexi Soft hardware
- Configuring device hardware
- Mechanical and installation of hardware
- Application and software overview
- Basic logic code design using training cases
- Report generation and verification of logic
- Troubleshooting and fault correction
2 Days Training Agenda
Basic Flexi Soft Designer Software & Hardware
- Demonstration covering installation & setup
- Comparing stand alone, Flexi Link & Flexi Loop
- Creating projects
- Opening existing projects
- Hardware configuration
- Adding and editing I/O
Basic Logic and Programming
- Opening the logic editor
- Adding elements/function blocks
- Connecting elements and blocks to form logic
- Introduction to standard function blocks
- Introduction to special function blocks
- Starting the simulator
- Running simulation vs stepping through simulation
Connecting to device
- Setting up connections
- Data recording
- Login Passwords
- Fieldbus gateway setup and communication
- Customised elements
- Customised function blocks
- Flexi Loop
- Flexi Line
- Importing and exporting configurations
- Tips & tricks
- Complex logic
- Speed monitoring functions
- Analogue functions
- Real world examples
- Programming & routing
Details on location and dates will follow, please register your interest below.
All seminars will be held from 9am to 5pm: The cost is $900 (AU$) plus GST which includes morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and materials.
Participants need to provide their own laptops/computers with Flexi Soft configurator 1.7 or with administrator privileges so that we can load Flexi Soft configurator 1.7 on the day.
Click here to download Flexi Soft configurator 1.7
Flexi-Soft programs are created based upon specifications provided by the customer. Any errors or omissions in this information are not the responsibility of SICK and any further programming work to rectify errors or implement changes will be charged accordingly.
Flexi Soft Hardware and Software conforms to the requirements of relevant European and Australian standards. However it is the responsibility of the installer and the end user to ensure that the safety functionality of their installation is correct and that all other safety requirements related to the safe operation of the installation are fulfilled.
All trainings are currently on hold and we will reschedule as soon as possible.