About SICK Australia
SICK is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems and automatic identification products for Factory Automation, Logistic Automation and Process Automation applications. Whether automating factories or optimising distribution centres, or monitoring emissions from a stack, SICK provides cost-effective solutions.
Our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts – such as the first safety light curtain, the first colour sensor, and much more. These innovations provide solutions to virtually every industry application.
SICK Pty Ltd was established in Australia as a wholly owned subsidiary of SICK AG (Germany) in September 1982. Our position as market leader for sensors has been built and continues to be built on the reputation of the quality of our products and our know-how to solve complex applications.
David Crossley – Australia
Reinhard Boesl – Germany
Reiner Bengel – Germany
More people better service
A staff of more than 100 employees throughout Australasia makes SICK a specialised company in our field. The demands of modern industry call for ever increasing numbers of reliable non-contact sensors to automate a vast number of processes. We have the right sensor with the right function for your application.
Our experience in solving applications is simply ‘second to none’. The Source for Sensors is a unique combination of world leading sensor manufacturers who have a vast wealth of technical and application experience. With Australia’s largest team of sensor specialists, the optimal solution is found using the most suitable sensor technology.
Service, Support and Reliable Back-up
A fully equipped workshop facility with factory trained service and technical engineers provides fast and reliable service and custom-built solutions for specialised applications. Combined with the largest stock holding of sensors and accessories at our central warehouse facility, Australia-wide delivery on standard products is usually within 24 hours. Special weekly air deliveries from overseas ensure dependable and reliable support for our customers.
SICK Pty Ltd is a Member of the following Institutions:
- ADCA - Automatic Data Capture Association
- AIG - Australian Industry Group
- AMTIL - Australian Manufacturing Technology Institute Limited
- APGA - Australian Pipelines and Gas Association
- APPMA - Australian Packaging and Processing Machinery Association
- ARA - Australasian Railway Association
- ASEIA - Australian Safety Equipment Industry Association
- CASANZ - Clean Air Society of Australia & New Zealand
- DIAA - Dairy Industry Association of Australia
- EAN Australia
- EDAV - Electrical Development Association of Victoria
- German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- GS1 Australia
- IICA - Institute of Instrumentation Control and Automation Australia
- ITS - Intelligent Transport Systems Australia
- SIA - Safety Institute of Australia
- WIOA - Water Industry Operators Association of Australia