- Flexible sensor for versatile automated part handling
- Stand-alone device calibrated by SICK
- Precise position detection and rapid calculations
- Combined 2D/3D position detection
- Calculation of correction values for the coordinate system of the gripper
- Reliable position detection, even under varying ambient conditions
- Web server user interface
- Tools for alignment and communication with the robot
PLR3D localization of parts in carriers
- PLR gives you the flexibility you need for reliable automated part handling.
- The stand-alone sensor is very cost-effective. Additional hardware such as PCs and cabinets are not required.
- Factory calibration and tools for integration with the robot make it easy to configure new applications.
- Specific knowledge of automated image processing is not required in order to use the sensor.
- The design, together with the functions for alignment of the robot and position correction, makes it easy for robot integrators to work with PLR.
- The innovative combination of 2D and 3D image processing techniques provides the reliability and flexibility needed for problem-free material handling operation.
- The integrated web server allows PLR to be operated via a standard web browser without having to install any PLR-specific software on factory PCs or laptops.
The PLR has been developed for robot-automated part handling. It is a stand-alone device that includes all the localization functions, an easy-to-use robot interface, as well as all the functions necessary for rapid integration with the robot. The sensor combines state-of-the-art 2D and 3D machine vision techniques to provide a unique solution that can be used reliably in environments where ambient conditions vary. The user interface, which is operated via the integrated web server, and the field-proven tools ensure problem-free integration of the sensor. The short setup time is a hallmark of the sensor. It can be smoothly retrofitted into existing robot cells and handling stations without any need for vision specialists or additional computer systems.
The PLR is supplied factory-calibrated with software preloaded to enable any new solution to go live without further preparations by the user. Simply install the device, connect it to the robot controller, load an existing job configuration or create a new one in a just couple of minutes, and PLR is ready for operation.
The PLR sensor from SICK is the ideal solution for cost-effective automated part handling.
- Technical data overview
System features Standalone sensor for localization of parts using combined 2D and 3D measurements Example field of view 200 mm x 260 mm (typical) Image resolution 0.26 mm Part localization time < 500 ms Part localization accuracy ± 0.5 mm, ± 0.1° 1) Enclosure rating IP65
- 1) Depending on material properties such as reflectivity, edge quality, etc.