Our solutions for your machine’s functional safety
A constant overview of the entire safety chain: The interaction between humans and machines is playing an ever-growing role in performance and productivity in industrial environments.Thanks to innovative products, complete systems, and services, we are able to offer the right solution concepts.
Your design and production advantage: SICK products demonstrate this day in, day out. We are committed to ensuring high availability, even under difficult conditions. Better yet: As the inventors of safety light curtains and safety laser scanners, we work on new ideas on a daily basis so that we can offer you greater productivity with the same levels of safety. We have the right solution for you.
Quality and availability of products – your advantage, our promise:
- Quality assurance certified in accordance with ISO 9001
- EMC (electromagnetic compatibility) which considerably exceeds the EN 2004/108/EC and EN 2014/30/EU standard specifications.
- Certified full quality assurance (FQA) system for manufacturing in accordance with Annex X of the 2006/42/EC Machinery Directive.
- Development and verification in accordance with the “four-eyes principle”
- 100% function test with documentation before the delivery of every product
Safety laser scanners
Increased flexibility with SICK safety laser scanners
Whether mobile or stationary applications, for area protection or access protection, our comprehensive portfolio of safety laser scanners offers the right solution for every requirement. We are in the vanguard when it comes to scanning ranges, scanning angles, usability, integration in industrial networks, and innovative technologies:
- A very large 2D field can be covered thanks to the 275° scanning angle of microScan3
- S3000 has a protective field range of up to 7 m
- S300 and S300 Mini have a multitude of field sets in a very compact housing, in order to secure mobile and stationary systems
- Highly resistant to ambient light and dust, thanks to the innovative microScan3 safeHDDM™ scan technology.
Find the right safety laser scanner for your application here:
Safety laser scanner
Safety light curtains and multiple light beam safety devices
Optical protection – for maximum freedom of movement and productivity
Modern machine concepts must take into account the requirements of the end customers: They must be flexible and customer-oriented, but also economical. With a varied product portfolio and specific application knowledge, SICK offers custom solutions for all performance levels.
- SICK safety light curtains meet all present-day challenges. Small, compact, or extremely rugged for individual application solutions such as hazardous point protection with finger, hand, or person detection as well as access protection with human-material differentiation.
- Single-beam photoelectric safety switches and multiple light beam safety devices offer uninterrupted safety as per your requirements for access protection, with or without muting. Wide scanning ranges of up to 70 m and high signal reserves mean that they can be used in a multitude of applications, even under harsh ambient conditions. Mirror columns and device columns from SICK are used wherever there are no mounting options for opto-electronic protective devices.
- The V300 safety camera system offers perfect adjustment to the machine design, and ensures that there are no blind zones for finger and hand detection. The barrier-free workplace design ensures there is unhindered access to partially automated work processes, such as automated testing, inspection, and assembly machines.
Safety light curtains Multiple light beam safety devices Safety camera systems
Tutorial: Safety light beam basics
Safety made easy: safety switches from SICKSICK safety switches combine compact design with tamper-proofing and quick installation. Whether monitoring movable physical guards, safe position monitoring, or safety commands – our diverse portfolio will provide the ideal, cost-effective solution for any application:
Electro-mechanical safety switches Non-contact safety switches Safety locking devices
Safety command devices
Safe control solutions
sens:Control: The bridge to an intelligent safety solutionWith SICK sens:Control, you can fully utilize the potential of the safety sensors. For a perfectly coordinated interaction:
- Our modular safety controllers offer the flexibility that you need for your application. They can be integrated into all important industrial networks. The Flexi Line function makes it possible to connect up to 32 Flexi Soft stations safely and link safety functions across multiple machines.
- Thanks to the Motion Control safety controllers and safety encoders, innovative solution concepts are becoming a reality: Safe drive monitoring prevents unintended shutdowns, shortens cycle times, increases availability, and boosts productivity.
- To connect many safety sensors quickly and easily, you need the Flexi Loop safe series connection.
- Für kleine Maschinen und geringe Komplexität der Sicherheitsfunktionen bieten wir auch das passende Safety relay.
sens:Control – safe control solutions
Safety systems and solutions for functional safetyReliable automation solutions with you in mind
SICK provides everything you could possibly need to protect machines and plants, from components and services right through to a complete solution. Automation solutions from SICK provide real added value – developed by our experts, can be adapted flexibly, quick and efficient to implement. We keep our customers'' productivity and safe machine operation in mind.
Consultations, seminars, and servicesOur machine safety services
Reliable consulting, design, and turnkey solutions: We offer machine safety services as part of the SICK LifeTime Services. These are offered worldwide, taking the applicable standards and directives into account. Our network of over 150 experts in functional safety in 80 countries supports you with solutions for your safety application, independently and competently.
Consulting and design Product and system support Verification and optimization Modernization and retrofitting Training and education