Flare stacks can be found on almost any oil and gas installation as part of the waste gas system, and as a controlled vent for high volumes of combustible gases during an upset. By its nature, the pressure, volume flow and gas composition in a flare stack can differ significantly over short periods of time. Ultrasonic flow meters are well suited for reliable process control of flares through accurate measurement, ranging from almost zero flow to gas velocities exceeding 120 m/s. By doing so, the optimum ratio of O2 and steam to combustion gas can be ensured and the actual volume of flared gas can be determined.
Following product families can be usedReliable gas flow measurement in flare gas applications
Reliable gas flow measurement on flare stacks in petroleum refineries, chemical plants and natural gas processing with SICK ultrasonic gas flow meters.
- High-resolution measurement and short response time
- Innovative sensor design for very high gas velocities and gas temperatures up to 280 °C
- Optimal signal transmission even under atmospheric pressure
- Detached installation of the control unit up to 1,000 m away
- Single and multi-path configuration, opt. Probe version
- Zero point test in the field according to factory standard
- Control cycle for automatic self-diagnosis / signal optimization
- Reliable measurement even at high gas velocities and with changing gas compositions
- Proprietary measuring range extension for high flow velocities thanks to ASC technology
- Direct mass flow calculation without additional gas analyzers
- Intuitive FLOWgateTM software for commissioning, operation and diagnostics
- I-diagnosticsTM: self monitoring, self testing and predictive maintenance
- Customized measurement performance thanks to individual evaluation of the application