Quality control of sesame sprinkles
Consumers expect baked goods to be of a consistent quality. Product costs depend to a large degree on expensive ingredients such as sesame, so the seeds need to be counted. The Ranger 3D cameras detect the smallest details for inspection. Complex 3D image processing is performed by SICK AppStudio engineering software, which features powerful libraries, in conjunction with the SIM4000 Sensor Integration Machine.
Following product families can be usedFast 3D measurement and MultiScan for advanced industrial solutions
Flexible. Intelligent. Communicative.
- Fast 3D measurement at high speed and quality
- MultiScan function for simultaneously measuring the 3D shape, contrast, color, and scatter
- Sensor resolutions of up to 1,536 pixels in 3D and 3,072 pixels in grayscale and color
- High levels of flexibility in configuration, working distance, and field of view
- In-machine 3D calibration
- Gigabit Ethernet and CameraLink interfaces
- Wide range of connections with 25 interfaces for Ethernet-based fieldbuses, cameras, illumination, sensors, encoders, and more besides
- 8-gigabit Ethernet interfaces for rapid image transmission
- Fieldbus and Ethernet interfaces with communication protocols such as OPC-UA and MQTT provide preprocessed data (edge computing) for the control and for cloud computing in parallel “dual talk”, thereby allowing networking for digital factories.
- Precise synchronization of input and output signals
- Illumination control and supply
- IO-Link master connections
- Enclosure rating IP 65