Unforeseeable dangers arise in the machining process when stripping the veneer due to the high rotational speed of the rotating unit in which the log is clamped. In order to minimize these risks, the speed of the rotating unit is reduced to a safe tempo when opening the access door and the system is put into a safe state. In conjunction with the i110 Lock safety locking device and the DFS60S Pro safety encoder, the FX3-MOC motion control modules of the Flexi Soft safety controller monitor the system’s electronic drive system.
Following product families can be used
- Encoders for functional safety technology: SIL2 (IEC 61508), SILCL2 (EN 62061), PL d (EN ISO 13849)
- Electrical interface: 4.5 V ... 32 V; sine/cosine 1 VPP; 1,024 periods
- Clamping flange or servo flange, blind hollow shaft or through hollow shaft (assembly options with feather key)
- Universal cable connection, M23 or M12 male connector, axial or radial
- Enclosure rating: IP65
- Operating temperature range: –30°C ... +95°C (depending on type)