High-precision pin inspection for the press-fit operations during the final assembly of electronic modules
The Pinspector quality control system, which consists of a 3D streaming camera from the Ranger product family and laser technology, detects deviations from the defined quality standard for plug connectors and pins at the connection side of printed circuit boards. A three-dimensional, non-contact measurement function is used to check that the pins are correctly aligned with the designated through holes in the printed circuit board. After successful positioning, Pinspector gives the go-ahead for the press-fit operation. The same three-dimensional position measurement function is run after the press-fit operation to monitor the presence, height, and co-planarity of the pins.
Following product families can be usedProduct family PinspectorReliable pin and press-fit inspection
- Full-scale solution for the inspection of PCBs and pin connectors
- Autonomous modular system
- Rugged design suitable for industrial use
- Ranger cameras from SICK for high-precision 3D imaging
- Three versions – high value, fast inspection, and double-camera to prevent occlusion